Saturday, November 25, 2006

Shells.

As that familiar smile grew on my face,
I found myself walking on the shores of the sea,

Laughed to myself thinking about those lazy days,
With the wind in my face and sound of the waves,
While I dipped my toes into the spangles of sand,

Turned my eyes to some shells on the shore,
Some red, some yellow, some blue, some grey,

It was a peculiar sight,
I laughed again,
and I thought of something clever to say,
I thought it was all a dream,
But the colors kept changing,
and the shells were arranging,

I smiled in bewilderment,
As I tried to figure out what this was all about,
and this went on and on,
till the day was almost gone,

As the day concluded I thought,
Maybe I'd come back someday,
To share this place with a friend,
Who will appreciate it much,

When the day gave way to the night,
In the darkness, I started to lose my sight,
The shells produced an ambient light,
And instead the sea became the sky,

And I continued on my journey,
Treading on light...

No comments: